Mount Carmel College of Nursing’s Master of Science Program Nursing Leadership - Clinical Operations is a dynamic program designed for career-minded nurses who are ready to expand their knowledge and expertise in nursing leadership. The online program focuses on developing core leadership skills of practicing nurses and prepares them to act and think strategically, lead organizations through improvement and innovation efforts while participating in policy decisions.
Career Information and Technical Skills
Course work covers a variety of business functions relative to clinical operations management such as safety, quality, and risk management; patient and population health advocacy; clinical care delivery and optimal patient outcomes; healthy work environments; strategic, financial, and human resource management; legal and regulatory compliance; networking, partnering, and collaborating; and, accountability/advocacy for employees.
Criteria for Admission
To be considered for admission to any of the Graduate Program tracks at Mount Carmel, the following is required:
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing from an accredited program; accreditation by either the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (formally NLNAC) or the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). Master's and Doctoral Degrees also considered for the NP program
- Cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in the baccalaureate nursing program
- Undergraduate statistics and research courses with a letter grade of "C" or better in both. A grade of "C-" will not be accepted.
- One year recent clinical experience recommended
- Candidate video / Interview
- Completed Application
- Current resume or curriculum vitae
- One-page typed statement of purpose written by the applicant that outlines applicant's goals and objectives for pursuit of graduate studies in the specialty track
- Current, unrestricted RN license or eligibility for Ohio Registered Nurse (RN) licensure, as indicated
- Two recommendation letters (from individuals such as: work supervisors, professional colleagues, and former faculty members who hold a minimum of a Master’s level degree)
- Official TOEFL scores for students for whom English is not the native language; minimum required TOEFL score of 550 (paper based}, 213 (computer based) or 79-80 (Internet based); TOEFL scores are valid two years from the test date. To learn more about the TOEFL, visit www.ets.org/toefl.
- Official transcripts from all previous colleges/universities
The Nursing Leadership - Clinical Operations program admits students in the fall semester. The applications are accepted through July 31.
Fall Semester Start
- Completion in 18 months over five semesters, 33 credit hours/150 practicum hours
View Sample Curriculum of Study here. (students enrolling after Fall 2020)
For More Information Contact
Our admissions office can be reached at 614-234-4CON or at firstname.lastname@example.org.