The highly competitive Second Degree Accelerated Program (SDAP) accepts between sixty and seventy students to begin in January of each year.
Admission to the 13 month program requires:
- Completion of a baccalaureate or higher degree from a regionally accredited institution†
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 is recommended (not required)
- Successful completion of all prerequisite course work, with a grade of "C" or better. A ‘C-’ will not be accepted.
- Human Anatomy & Physiology I*
- Human Anatomy & Physiology II*
- Organic Biochemistry*
- Human Nutrition*
- Human Growth & Development
- Comparative Religions
- English Composition
- General Psychology
- Introduction to Sociology
- 5 Semester hours of Humanities/Social Science electives
- Interview (not all applicants will be interviewed)
- Essay (In 350 words or less, answer the following question: As a future nurse, what do you think you will contribute to nursing?
- TOEFL score of 550 (paper-based), 213 (computer-based) or 79 (new internet-based) for students whose native language is not English
† If the college degree is earned from an institution of higher education outside of the United States, the applicant must contact the World Education Services and have a transcript evaluation completed and mailed to MCCN. To learn more about how to have international college credit evaluated, please visit www.wes.org.
* Courses must be complete within five (5) years of enrollment to receive credit.
** Science course taken 5 or more years ago will not be accepted as transfer credit.